16 May 2009

Some Comments from the IT Crowd

Hi everyone, I'd like to take some time to say hello to everyone and tell you a bit about who I am and what I do here at Tackle Discounts. If you're familiar with the Channel 4 programme show The IT Crowd that might give you a hint of what I do around here. I'm no fisherman by any means but I'm learning quickly what a WF6 line and a ATMF #7 Rod are.

Firstly, some of you may have phoned up and heard a guy speaking with a funny accent on the other end, that would probably be me. I'm originally from Chicago and spent my first 25yrs living out that way. My mothers side of the family (norway & sweden for the other) though is from up north in Kilwinning and Longtown so it was only a matter of time before one of us in the family returned to the British Isles. I spent my first year over in Europe traveling to about 20 countries before settling in London where I currently live now at the end of the M4(yes, it's quite a commute out to Swindon).

I first met Andrew when I was working for the company that supplies the eCommerce solution for the eBay side of the business, and now the new website as well. Andrew was always in need of some help getting the technical side of things running smoothly and I was always the one he turned to. I remember one time he tried to get me to leave and come work from him. He enticed me with free tea and biscuits, free bus pass and a cuddle. Little did I know, 6 months later I would be working for him. I have yet to see the free bus pass!

So that's a bit about my history before Tackle Discounts. As I mentioned, I'm basically the IT Guy around here. So if there's anything on the website you feel could be improved on comment here or email me directly at steve AT tacklediscounts.co.uk

Were still working out the kinks to the site so please bear with us and just let us know if something just isn't right. We're more than happy to fix something that's gone wrong, we almost surely didn't mean for it do be that way.

You'll be noticing that a lot of new products from many different brands are getting added to the site. We have available the entire line of stock from many suppliers like TF Gear, Greys, Chub, Fladen, Ron Thompson, Okuma, Tiburon, Scierra, Savage Gear, ProLogic, DD Bait, Imax, and E-thrust. Many of which aren't even on our site yet. So if you know of a product from one of these brands let us know. We'll be more than happy to get it for you. If there are any brands out there you don't see us with let us know and we'll see if we can get it for you. We're here to supply the products you're looking for.

Maybe next time will be an update on my first UK Fishing outing....it's in the plans

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment